IES & Afinida: COVID-19 Virus Latest Information
Dear Valued Clients
At IES we take the COVID 19 virus and your business very seriously. Here is the latest information regarding updated policies from federal and state governments.
The following link has important information from the federal government on issues including:
- Workplace Safety
- Wages, Hours and Leave
- Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities
- Support for Dislocated Workers and States
The federal government is allowing new options for states to amend their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits related to COVID-19. For example, federal law allows states to pay benefits where:
- An employer temporarily ceases operations due to COVID-19, preventing employees from coming to work;
- An individual is quarantined with the expectation of returning to work after the quarantine is over; and
- An individual leaves employment due to a risk of exposure or infection or to care for a family member.
In addition, federal law does not require an employee to quit in order to receive benefits due to the impact of COVID-19. The next link gives a state-by-state breakdown of unemployment insurance information:
IES & Afinida Team